On Tuesday 11th April 2023, Microsoft released a security update for devices running its Windows 10 or Windows 11 operating system as well as the Microsoft 365 suite for Windows.
A total of 97 vulnerabilities have been patched which cover a range of topics including elevation of privilege, remote code execution and security feature bypassing.
Researchers have found that only one of these vulnerabilities has been traced as the source of a reported Cyber Attack. However, Microsoft has warned that it is likely at least 10 of these vulnerabilities will be exploited by Cyber Attackers within the coming days.
To protect yourself, we recommend that you update your Windows device and Office installation.
To update Windows:
- Open the settings application
- Select ‘Windows Update’
- Select ‘Check for updates’
- Wait for all updates to install
- Perform a system restart if required
To update the Microsoft 365 suite:
- Open an application within the suite, such as Microsoft Word
- Select ‘Account’ from the menu on the left side
- Select ‘Update Options’
- Select ‘Update Now’
- Allow the updates to complete, you will be required to close all office applications whilst the updates install.
If you would like to discuss this with one of our experts, please click here to get in touch.